Tuesday 5 July 2011

In London...

Sorry for the lack of posting recently, I have been working on a bus project for display on this blog. All will be revealed soon. Yesterday I had to go to London. We hired a midi-coach because there were twenty seven of us so there is no interesting story about getting there by public transport, but I did pick up some interesting information regarding the Hydrogen Buses on route RV1.


The First London Enviro 300 Dart that was seen outside Tate
Modern on route RV1 replacing hydrogen fuel cell buses.


Route RV1 (Tower Gateway-Covent Garden) is normally operated by hydrogen fuel cell buses. Yesterday I saw no less than three types of bus on the route (A Wright Gemini double decker, an Alexander Dennis Enviro 200 Dart and an Alexander Dennis Enviro 300 Dart) but not a single hydrogen fuel cell bus. Perhaps they were all off the road for maintenance, but it is odd to have three separate types of bus on the same route.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, This blog is very interesting! The first words of this posts are, 'Sorry for the lack of posting recently, I have been working on a bus project for display on this blog. All will be revealed soon.' At the minute I am unable to find the Bus Project can you please direct me to where it is. Thanks

    ReplyDelete